Welcome to my cello studio! I offer private cello lessons in Santa Barbara, CA to students of all ages and levels. Services also include opportunities for performing, ensemble playing, and more!
Each student in my studio receives a weekly private lesson in Santa Barbara, California. The length of the lesson depends on the student's age and level, ranging from 30 to 90 minutes. I use an organized grade system to help inform my students of their level, provide them with motivation, and celebrate their progress. In addition to private lessons, my students have the opportunity to participate in studio events such as group classes, masterclasses, and recitals at no additional cost.
- I strive to establish a strong foundation in technique, theory, and expression from an early stage of study, and give my students the tools to be their own best teacher.
- I adapt my teaching style to suit the needs of each student, and work with each student's passions and goals to help them find the path that works for them.
- I believe that with encouragment, patience, commitment, and – most importantly – having fun, anyone can learn to play the cello and enrich their lives with music.
Free Interview and Consultation
Our first meeting is free so I can get a feel for your playing and decide which grade you are best suited to begin. This will also be an opportunity for you to ask me any questions you might have. Please bring your cello and be prepared to play a short piece or excerpt (unless, of course, you are new to the instrument). To schedule an interview and consultation, please submit an application.
Rates and Policies
Monthly cost of private lessons:
Weekly 30 minute lessons = $215/month
Weekly 45 minute lessons = $260/month
Weekly 60 minute lessons = $300/month
Weekly 90 minute lessons = $390/month
- Private lessons, group classes, masterclasses, and recitals are all included in tuition.
- At-home lessons are available for an extra fee depending on the location of the student's home.
- Tuition may be paid monthly or in larger increments.
- Tuition is due on the first lesson of the month, and I reserve the right to charge a $15 fee if tuition is received late.
- You can make your lesson payments with cash, check, Venmo, or PayPal.
- In case of a conflict, you may arrange to reschedule your lesson or switch lesson times with another student.
- There will be no refund for missed lessons. You must contact me at least 24 hours in advance to reschedule your lesson, or it will be considered a missed lesson.
- Because life happens, we can schedule a make-up lesson if the student or I has a sudden illness or emergency.
SCholarship Applications now open! (Due Sep. 1st).
I am pleased to offer one scholarship each year to a new student who is able to demonstrate an exceptional aptitude for the cello. The scholarship is awarded for an annual course of weekly 60 minute private lessons.
Scholarship Student Expectations:
- Demonstrate hard work, dedication, and a positive attitude in his or her lessons.
- Devote adequate time and energy to practicing outside of lessons.
- Complete all practice assignments for each week.
- Participate in all studio events, such as group classes, masterclasses, and recitals.
- Serve as a role model for the rest of the studio.
The scholarship may be discontinued at any time if the student fails to meet these expectations. If you would like to audition for the scholarship program, please submit a Scholarship Application. If invited to audition, the student will be asked to play a scale and a short piece or excerpt of the student's choosing.